Matthew 18: 2-4 – Jesus called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”
Becoming humble means embracing our beautiful childlike qualities and become the soul God created us to be.
From my observation of my children when they were little:
- They naturally have complete trust their needs will be meet.
- They naturally progressed from laying on the floor, to rolling, to sitting, to crawling, to standing and walking. They didn’t give up; they kept persevering until they achieved what they were created to achieve (our natural progression in life), these beautiful memories are so inspiring. Grown into beautiful teenagers they continue to inspire me as I watch them grow and achieve their dreams; their passions and desires.
- They love discovering, exploring and learning; asking questions about everything in their environment and they like to touch and experiment with everything, to experience it for themselves. They have so much wonder and joy seeing things for the first time.
- They have no concerns about what others think of them – They love who they are. Pure hearts, a bundle of love and joy.
- They feel their emotions as they arise – Their feelings are not hidden.
Being able to feel our emotions without harming another, allows us to learn about our soul, we can feel what is upsetting us and release the cause of these emotions from our soul. Resulting in freedom to live our life embraced in the beautiful qualities of love.
Our children can teach us many things that we have forgotten, if we take the time to see the gifts that are in front of our eyes. If we take the time to really feel with our heart and soul, to listen, to see, to learn and to love.
What beautiful childlike qualities would you like to embrace in your life?
What qualities do you already embrace?